Portfolio Construction and Asset Allocation
- What is the role of factor analysis in understanding manager performance and portfolio exposures?
- Sub-Advisory, Smart Beta and ETFs: Opportunities and risks
- David vs. Goliath: In a world where the big are getting bigger, what is the role of the boutique or emerging active manager?
- Investing in alternatives: a cost benefit analysis
- ESG and Impact Investing: Coming up with a consolidated framework for understanding these investments
- Interval funds: Getting past the marketing jargon to understand how these products fit into your portfolios
Manager Research, Selection and Due Diligence
- How to construct and compensate a best-in-class manager research team
- Alternative manager due diligence: avoiding pitfalls
- Negotiating terms and fees in a Sub-Advised relationship: Is it possible for everyone to win?
Disruptors and Innovators
- Block Chain: Will (and if so, when) will these technologies change the way we do business?
- Artificial Intelligence and Robotics and Portfolio Analysis: Friend or foe?
- Disruptive Companies: How consolidation and disruption in the technology, consumer, and pharmaceutical industry are changing the opportunity and investment landscape
- The Future of Financial Advice: Is technology commoditizing investment advice? How can we add value beyond investing?
- Hacking and Cybersecurity
The Macroeconomic and Geopolitical Landscape
- Regulatory uncertainty: Tax reform is here. How are firms adapting to the changes? Who bears the responsibility for regulatory burdens – such as the liquidity rule – in a sub-advisory relationship?
- Opportunities in China and the emerging markets
- Inflationary pressures and Central Bank Policy